How to use MRT Pro to rebuild ROM Modules on Western Digital HDD
Menu button: Test -> Work with SA -> Work with ROM -> Rebuild ROM from SA
Shortcut button on the main toolbar: Work with ROM -> Rebuild ROM from SA
Application: When there is error or damage to ROM or ROM module data, we can read firmware of fault HDD by loading LDR. We can use this function to get data from firmware and adapt new ROM and ROM module.
1. Set the file save path in advance. Generally, the default path is OK.
2. Select whether ROM or ROM module is to be adapted with the radio button in path editing box.
3. Choose the read mode of SA firmware data. You can choose Copy0 or Copy1 by selecting By Track or By ABA.
4. Press “OK” button. The program will generate new ROM and ROM module automatically.
5. If the generation succeeds, Click “Write to HDD”.
6. About the log: There are several log messages when generating each module. As long as the last log message indicates success, the module is generated successfully.
MRT Pro – Read and Write P List by ABA -Seagate F3 7200 11 Family
P-List is used to store defective information recorded in HDD. Damage of P-List will cause the HDD unable to work. For Seagate F3 series HDDs, writing P-List 03 Module by ATA may cause HDD failure. Therefore, we need to write P-List by ABA. This video demonstrates how to read and write P-List by ABA with MRT Pro for Seagate F3 7200.11 family HDDs. It is a step-by-step guide for users who would like to learn ABA writing tool. It is a good reference for Seagate HDD data recovery.